FFXIV Patch 4.1 content patch has been revealed with lots of new content. The Legend Returns promises to be full of awesome things including Hildibrand!
A few days ago we all had the chance to see the 14-hour live stream from FFXIV to celebrate the 4th anniversary of the popular MMO.
Set to release in the early days of October, patch 4.1, officially titled “The Legend Returns” will be the first major content patch for the game since the launch of Stormblood, the games second official expansion pack.
During the celebratory livestream, Final Fantasy XIV Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida hosted the 38th installment of the ‘Letter from the Producer LIVE’ series, where he revealed much of the content that will come with Patch 4.1: The Legend Returns:
- New Main Scenario and Side Quests – The fan favorite Hildibrand quest series also returns meaning he is coming back everyone! The gentleman of light seems to be making a comeback on the patch 4.1!
“My name is Hildibrand, agent of inquiry! Inspector Extraordinaire!”
- New 24-Player Alliance Raid – Titled “Return to Ivalice,” featuring guest creator Yasumi Matsuno
- New Primal Battle – Shinryu makes a triumphant comeback in a new extreme difficulty challenge
- New ‘Ultimate’ Difficulty Raid – The Unending Coil of Bahamut (Ultimate) brings a new challenge to the most hardcore thrill seekers
- Adventurer Squadron Updates – Players and squadron members may now team up and explore dungeons together
- PvP Content: “Rival Wings” – Ride goblin mechs and fight your opponents in 24 v 24 matches
- Housing Update – Sale of plots in Shirogane will begin, along with the addition of swimming areas in all housing districts
- New Instanced Dungeon – The Drowned City of Skalla
- The Lost Canals of Uznair Update – Venture even deeper into the submerged chambers for greater rewards and challenges
- New Beast Tribe Quests: The Kojin
And much more will be coming with the patch 4.1. But in my humble opinion, one of the best news during the live stream was to see Yoshida, who was also joined by Yasumi Matsuno (Final Fantasy XII / Final Fantasy Tactics) to discuss the upcoming 24-player alliance raid, “Return to Ivalice.” Matsuno is writing the scenario for the raid as a special guest creator, bringing the world of Ivalice to Final Fantasy XIV.
Do you still play FFXIV? Or have you yet to jump into the world of Eorzea? It’s an absolutely wonderful game with an amazing community to boot. Yoshi P has done amazing work on the game, and A Legend Returns is sure to continue his tradition with the game.