From the developers of Killer Instinct comes a new game set in a medieval fantasy world with demons and giant orcs.
Extinction appears to take inspiration from both Assassin’s Creed and Attack on Titan for obvious reasons. Not only does it appear there will be climbing mechanics, but also epically large enemies that must be taken out to save humanity. In a press release, the developers point out that an ancient order once stood up to these bloodthirsty monsters that once threatened to destroy humankind. Not only did humans have to worry about them, but throughout
In a press release, the developers point out that an ancient order once stood up to these bloodthirsty monsters that once threatened to destroy humankind. Not only did humans have to worry about them, but throughout history they were at war with themselves as well. For generations, kingdoms have fought amongst themselves while the real threat loomed in the distance. These trained soldiers know the ways of this ancient order that stood a chance at defeating the 150-foot-tall ogres and the armies that trail in their wake. You control the world’s last Sentinel, a soldier named Avil, equipped with the skills to battle the endless waves of Ravenii. Read below for the rest of the press release:
In Extinction, you’ll fight massive ogres and their minions across a sprawling countryside, defending cities and rescuing native villagers torn from their homes. Swiftly define your strategy as hordes attack from the ground and air. Use the dynamic skill-based combat system to tactically disarm and dismember enemies before going in for the kill.
“Extinction is absolutely relentless,” said Kraig Kujawa, Game Director at Iron Galaxy. “We’re really happy with the fast, fluid feel of the game and we’re looking forward to showing it behind closed doors at E3.”
“As the protagonist tasked with a huge undertaking – both in fighting enormous ogres and saving humans from disaster – each player’s experience will be varied, as the landscapes and battle situations are never identical,” said Derek Neal, Executive Producer at Maximum Games.
Key features of the game include:
- Deep Story Campaign. Protect the human population across an abundant story campaign, rescuing as many civilians as possible and taking down brutal opponents.
- Dynamic Side Missions. Complete numerous side missions with various objectives, earning upgrades to aid you in your campaign.
- Skill-Based Combat. Travel horizontally and vertically, perform wall runs, and use your whip as a vault to perform devastating air assaults. Master dynamic combat maneuvers to effectively traverse the giant beasts and expose their weak points, progressing along different skill trees to develop a path best suited to your playstyle.
- Interactive Environment. Move freely around a fully destructible environment, and use objects throughout the world to your strategic advantage.
- Innumerable Battle Scenarios. Every battlefield is different from the last, ensuring a unique combat situation each time you play.
- Custom Battles. Create custom battlegrounds with varied objectives, and challenge players online to compete for the top score.
- Extinction Mode. Fight off a continuous horde of assailants as wave after wave of ogres and their minions attack without relent.
The official website has plenty more information on the game, so be sure to check it out. Be sure to check out the screenshots below, and back here for any and all updates in the future.
Extinction will be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in Q1 2018.