THQ’s de Blob has released on current generation hardware, sans the Nintendo Switch, today almost 10 years after it’s original launch.
If you don’t know what de Blob is, that’s likely no surprise. It originally released in 2008 as a Wii exclusive title. Although it was quickly followed by a sequel which spanned all platforms available at the time.
The game follows de Blob as he saves the world from the evil I.N.K.T. Corporation as they have declared “Color is a crime”. They leech all of the colors out of Chroma City which takes away all of its beauty and interest. He must add color back to the world with his unique abilities and remove the stale black and white.
Some of the main features of the game include;
- de Blob: Flip, bounce and smash your way past the all-powerful I.N.K.T. Corporation to launch a revolution and save Chroma City from a future without color.
- Long Live Color! Join the Color Revolutionaries in the resistance against Comrade Black and his diabolical array of hot plates, electric shocks, and ink turrets.
- Free The Citizens: Free your friends from a black and white world by painting the city back to life as you dodge ink cannons, flatten I.N.K.T. tanks and outsmart Inky soldiers.
- Multiplayer: Compete to control Chroma City in 4-player split screen in eight different multiplayer modes.
- Save your City: Paint Chroma City’s towering skyscrapers, expansive bridges and massive landmarks in your own style using custom colors, patterns and soundtracks.
de Blob is available right away on PS4 and Xbox One.