With the original de Blob releasing on consoles recently, it only makes sense to release the sequel while the series is still on people minds. You can look forward to de Blob 2 on PS4 and Xbox One in February.
Not 2 months after the release of de Blob 1 on consoles, THQ Nordic is announcing that the sequel to the hit game will also be releasing on consoles quite shortly. In just over a month you will be able to play de Blob 2 on PS4 and Xbox One, with the official date being February 27th on both platforms.
The game brings back Comrade Black and his war on Color. Queue the lovable blob, de Blob! Here to put an end to his brainwashing new cult from taking over Prisma City, it’s time to re-ignite color revolution!
About de Blob 2
For those who don’t know just what de Blob is, let alone de Blob 2; it is a platformer which utilizes unique world-painting functionality as the main game mechanic, alongside classic platforming actions in a low gravity environment. This one is set just a few years after the events of the first game, and the action revolves around another attempt by Comrade Black to wipe all colorful individuality from Prisma City and its residents.
It’s up to the player to take control of de Blob and join the Color Underground to bring color back to the world.
Key Game Features
- Imagine – Set off on an action packed color adventure with 12 new single player story levels where custom paints, patterns and music bring the world to life any way you want
- Laugh – Only the colorful prankster Blob can foil Papa Blanc’s evil hypno plot to steal all the color from Prisma City
- Power – Speed smash through walls, jet jump over skyscrapers and slam squash Inkies with all new power-ups that turn you into a super Blob
- Explore – Paint your way past icy outposts, tropical bio domes and distant space stations to free the fair citizens of Prisma City
- Transform – Inside, outside, above the Earth and below it, Blob embarks on mini missions and epic boss battles to restore color and music back to this rich universe
- Share – Recruit your friends to join the color evolution in the 2 player split screen coop mode
No price point has been given to the console versions just yet, however, if they keep it consistent with the Steam version, it should be around the $20 price tag. Be ready to jump back into the world of Prism City on February 27th.